About Time I Gave An Update...

There have been questions asked, most polite, some hungry, as to whether or not there'll be more books.

There will be, of course. I've now reached a point in the writing process where I feel I can tell you a bit more about it.

The first question you'll have is: When will I publish? Answer: When it's ready. It'll be a few good months yet, but I'm past the halfway point. At the moment, the book is around 80,000 words. To put that in perspective, Just See Yourself came to over a 100,000.

Why did it take so long? Well, in truth, the planning stage was the hardest. In the last few years, different ideas have been presented, a lot of new information from the Conventions and Literature has made me think differently about a few things.

I can keep telling the same 500 years over and over with different characters, but I want something new, as a concept. Everyone has a different story. We all come to God from different places, but we all came to the same place. Telling that story over and over is doable, even enjoyable, but the point of these books is to visualize how something might work in The New World.

So I was looking for a new direction. Something that would make us think about something we didn't think of before. I came up with this idea: What if the book followed people who didn't want what the New World was offering? How would they react? What would they try to do with their time in paradise.

I've touched on this subject here and there in the first two books. This time, we'll have a whole novel devoted to it.

How's that working for you? Not as well as I'd like, to be totally honest, but something interesting happened as I wrote. It started following a few of the 'landmarks' on the journey we took with Hugh Alman in Just See Yourself. But the reactions and results were very different. It didn't happen consciously, but I've been writing the 'opposing viewpoint' on the same journey. You'll find familiar themes and side-characters as a result.

So you are writing the same story? Not at all. For one thing, there are three lead characters this time around; and they were created to give a very specific perspective. Much as been made of how this world distracts us from God via the Big Three Institutions: Political. Financial. Religious.

In the new book, each of the main characters will follow one of these 'big three', because their lives were very strongly involved in them before their arrival in paradise. As I said, we all came to the same place.

On the whole, I hope to provide something you all enjoy.

I also want to take this moment to thank all my readers. I've been tracking the sales on Amazon, as well as the hits on the blog, and the pattern is fairly regular. It almost feels like a new 'car group' gets told about these books each week, and they start reading.

Many thanks to everyone, and I hope the next offering is worthy of your appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment